Part of this plan is to relocate Hornsey Wood Green GP Practice to Wood Green Shopping Centre in Autumn/Winter 2023, becoming part of the new Hub.
We engaged with existing patients from the practice to seek their views on the plans, using the following methods:
- Survey: Online plus hard copy form given to patients visiting the practice. We received 252 responses.
- In-person interviews: We spoke to 31 patients in person when they visited the practice, enabling us to reach a more diverse set of patients.
- Patient Participation Group (PPG) meeting: We attended the meeting on 8 February 2022 to capture feedback.
- Most patients were happy about the plan to move to Wood Green Shopping Centre. 61% of patients were in favour of the move and 27% were opposed to the move. 13% were unsure.
- Patients saw the top four benefits of the move as: More space for the practice (62%); Modern facilities (60%); Links to Community Diagnostic Centre and tests (46%); Space for the practice to grow (41%)
- 15% of patients did not see any benefits to the move.
- Many patients had no worries about the move (46%) but, amongst those who did, the biggest worry was the busy location (40%.)
- 72% of patients said they would stay with the practice if it moved, and 13% said they would not stay with the practice. 15% were undecided.
In person interviews
- Three out of four patients we spoke to (75%) were in favour of the proposed move
- Patients saw the main benefits as being more space for the practice, modern facilities, and links to the Community Diagnostic Centre and tests.
- Most patients had no worries about the move. For those who did, it was the busy location, and the new location being further away, involving extra travel, that was of concern.
- The great majority of patients (89%) said they would stay with the practice if it moved.
Patient Participation Group meeting
- All patients attending the PPG meeting were in favour of the proposed move, as there would be more space at the new location.
Relocating Hornsey Wood Green GP Practice: Patient engagement on plans to move the practice to Wood Green Shopping Centre
Full report, analysis, and findings.