Who we are and what we do
Healthwatch Haringey is the independent consumer watchdog for Haringey.
Our service was set up to collect information and represent your views on health and social care in Haringey, and to give you information and guidance when you need it. We’re here to make sure that those running services put local people at the heart of care.
We can help you to find out information about local health and social care services, such as finding a new GP or NHS dentist. We can also help you to make a complaint if you are unhappy with the care or treatment you have received.
How we work
We are here to listen to what you like about services and what you think could be improved. No matter how big or small the issue, we want to hear about it.
We want to understand your needs, experiences of, and concerns on local health and social care services, and to speak out on your behalf.
Where possible, we will let you know when local services are changing, or when new services are planned, and help you to have a say.
We encourage those in charge of local health and care to involve you in future plans.
Our sole purpose is to help make care better for people. Our staff and volunteers identify what matters most to people by:
- Going out into the community and speaking to people at stalls and events.
- Running surveys and focus groups.
- Working with other community groups and organisations.
We then raise people’s concerns by:
- Writing reports and making recommendations.
- Attending meetings and speaking up on behalf of Haringey residents.
- Sharing information with the people who plan and regulate health and care services to help them do their job better.
- Raising individual concerns with health and care providers so that things can be put right .
- Running meetings and events where patients, service users and carers can be directly involved in planning and designing services.
We champion what matters to you and work with others to find ideas that work. We are independent and committed to making the biggest difference to people in Haringey.
Healthwatch Haringey is managed and run by Public Voice CIC, a Community Interest Company.