Things to help you be happy
Feeling stressed or anxious?
Use breathing to stay calm and to relax
Breathe out for longer than you breathe in and focus on relaxing tense muscles. Give yourself time and find a technique that suits you.
Be kind to yourself
Try not to be critical of yourself and reward yourself when you accomplish things.
Improve your wellbeing and watch out for others...
- Talk to someone.
- Arrange a day out with friends or family.
- Try switching off the TV to talk or play a game.
- Have lunch with a colleague, friend or family member.
- Find free activities to help you get fit.
- Go for a daily walk.
- If you’re disabled, find out getting active with a disability.
- Do some ‘easy exercise’, like stretching, every day.
- Get a plant for your home or workspace.
- Have a ‘clear the clutter’ day.
- Take notice of how your friends or colleagues are feeling or acting.
- Visit a new place.
- Read the news or a book.
- Do a crossword or Sudoku.
- Sign up for a class.
- Learn to cook something new.
- Say thank you to someone for something they’ve done for you.
- Ask friends, family or colleagues how they are.
- Spend time with someone who needs support or company.
- Volunteer in your community.
Mental Health Support in Haringey
If you need help for a mental health crisis or emergency, you can speak to a qualified mental health professional and access information and advice on 0800 151 0023. The Haringey crisis phone lines are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Mind in Haringey
Support for people who have experienced mental health problems.
020 8340 2474
Samaritans North London
Whatever you’re going through, get in touch. 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
0330 094 5717 (local branch)
116 123 (free national line)
Let’s Talk IAPT
Online NHS service providing worry and low mood therapies to people aged 16+.
020 3074 2280
Free, online, safe and anonymous support for young people aged 11-18 and up to 25 with additional needs.
Confidential health advice and information service for 16-25 year olds.
Rethink Mental Illness - NCL Support After Suicide
For people who have been bereaved by suicide.
Online service supporting Londoners to look after their mental health.