The campaign highlights that a cough for three weeks or more that isn’t Covid-19 could be a sign of lung cancer. Anyone with this symptom should contact their GP practice. While a cough for three weeks or more is probably nothing serious, it could be a sign of something that needs treatment.
If it is cancer, finding it early makes it more treatable and can save lives.
Symptoms of lung cancer
In addition to the symptom of a cough for three weeks or more, other symptoms of lung cancer include:
- Chest infections that keep coming back
- Coughing up blood
- A long-standing cough that gets worse
- An ache or pain when breathing or coughing
- Persistent breathlessness
- Persistent tiredness or lack of energy
- Loss of appetite or unexplained weight loss
Visit the NHS website for more information about the signs and symptoms of cancer.