This report outlines the discharge experiences of 66 individuals living in Enfield or Haringey.
Summary of key findings
- 62%% of people we spoke to said that their discharge went according to plan.
- Only half the people we spoke to said that they got all the information they needed when they were discharged (53%), and the same percentage of individuals felt well supported by health and care services now they were back at home.
- Just over half the people we spoke to (55%) said they would know how to get more support if they needed it.
- Only 36% of people we spoke to had had a care plan made when they left hospital and 40% felt that their views and wishes were not considered, or only taken into account ‘to some degree’.
- There were mixed views on the idea of discharge to assess – 38% thought it was a good idea, while another 33% did not think it was a good idea and 24% did not know.
- Half of the people we spoke to (51%) wanted to be given information face-to-face rather than on a leaflet or app.