New NCL Type 2 Diabetes Service – Expert by Experience Steering Group Representative
We are seeking a patient with type 2 diabetes to join a North Central London Service Implementation Steering Group to help guide the implementation of a new diabetes service for adults with type 2 diabetes.
North Central London (NCL) comprises of the boroughs Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington.
As a member of the Steering Group, you would join NCL clinicians, commissioners and other local experts in helping to set the direction of the new service, oversee progress and help take operational decisions about the project.
Purpose of the role
- To contribute an informed patient perspective to identifying priorities and developing the new diabetes service.
- To ensure that steering group decisions take account of the needs of people with diabetes.
- Attend regular Steering Group meetings and other meetings, as required.
- Read and review papers in advance of the meetings.
- Help ensure the service plans reflect the needs of the local diabetes populations.
- With help, be informed of local diabetes services.
- Participate in reviewing the evaluation and monitoring data.
- Share knowledge.
Experience, skills and knowledge
- Have a current diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, with a diagnosis within the last six years and an interest in advising on the implementation of a new diabetes service.
- They would ideally like a representative with experience of a healthy lifestyle intervention, although this is not necessary.
- Be a person with diabetes receiving care in Haringey or Islington and have knowledge of local services.
- Some experience of committee work or transferable skills is desirable.
- Effective communication skills.
- An interest in the diverse needs of people with diabetes.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- They anticipate attendance at a minimum of three, and maximum five, one hour meetings over a three month period.
- Meetings will take place during office working hours and will booked around clinician commitments, so flexibility is required.
- Meetings will take place remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- This is an unpaid/voluntary role.
- They will reimburse expenses to attend meetings associated with the work of the group as agreed by the Steering Group chair.
- The cost of any postage, stationery or telephone expenses will be reimbursed in full but prior agreement must be made for any such expense with the network manager.
Tenure: Commitment for a three month period.
Contact: Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in the role.