Care Home Complaints

Practical help you can use to make a complaint about a care home.

Complaints about independent care providers

If your complaint is about an independent care provider you should speak to them in the first instance and ask for details of their complaints procedure.

Complaints about council funded care providers

If the service is funded by the Council and you do not feel able to resolve the problems with the independent care provider yourself, you can complain to Haringey Council. Further deatails of the process can be found in Haringey Council's Adult Social Care Complaints Procedure (link to website).

Tips and tools for making an Adult Social Care complaint.

Find out more

Not happy with the way your complaint was dealt with?

If you remain dissatisfied you can then refer the matter to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Local Government Ombudsman

For help with making a complaint please call 0300 061 0614. 
(Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01or 02) from both mobiles and landlines, and will be included as part of any inclusive call minutes or discount schemes in the same way as geographic calls. Please note that calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.)

The lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm.

If you have a complaint, you can also use the complaint form.

Alternatively, you can write to:
The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Coventry  CV4 0EH

You can also text ‘call back’ to 0762 480 3014.

You can also contact them using a textphone via the Text Relay service (formerly Typetalk).

Do health and social care services know what you really think?

Share your ideas and experiences and help services hear what works, what doesn’t, and what you want from care in the future. 

Share your views