Is the North Mid hospital treating everyone fairly?
The North Middlesex Hospital asked Healthwatch Haringey to find out whether patients or visitors face any barriers when trying to access the hospital building or services. These barriers could be physical barriers (e.g. lack of wheelchair access), communication barriers, lack of information or discrimination. We heard from 39 patients and visitors, who told us that there was room for improvement on:
- Staff training around LGBT+ awareness
- More patience and better use of interpreting services for patients who do not understand English
- Better signage to help people who have difficulty walking to find the quickest route around the hospital
- More space in waiting areas for wheelchairs to manoeuvre
- Separate waiting areas for children with autism
We shared what we heard with the hospital and are now waiting for a response.
Did we miss anything? Tell us about your experience by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 020 8888 0579.